The E-Commerce Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Sales and Marketing in online content management, seeking online marketing opportunities and managing the company´s website and web traffic.
He/she develops direct and semi-direct online channels to check and to improve the Internet presents of the hotel.
An E-Commerce Manager has to be creative with a strategic mind and needs good Computer knowledge and internet skills.
- The E-commerce Manager is responsible for preparing, implementing and executing the E-Marketing business plan (with goals and strategies) and budget.
- The E-commerce Manager has full responsibility for prioritising projects and seeing these projects through from start to finish ensuring that deadlines are being met and that the projects stays within budget. Where possible, a return on investment should be established and the Director is responsible for communicating those returns and looking to further improve these. Where it is not possible to establish an ROI the Manager should critically review the processes and procedures of each project and try to improve efficiency by changing methods or tools used.
- The E-commerce Manager will liaise with key contacts on an international basis and establish a network of viable audience programme partners (strategic alliances, affiliate programmes etc).
- Is responsible for maintaining rates and availability in all online channels
- Responsible for further developing existing, and identifying new, traffic and revenue generating initiatives.
- Is responsible for web revenue management
- Improve search engine rankings by working with agencies and proven techniques such as search engine optimisation.
- Actively develop and implement the search engine advertising strategy.
- Drive demand and improve conversion for the various transactional websites, such as webhotelier, booking.com etc.
- Improve market share of direct channels.
- Responsible for 3rd party supplier selection, price negotiations, budget management and project management.
- Manage all existing domain names and register relevant new domains.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of various supporting websites such as Intranets and other proprietary tools.
- Improve customer experience online and grow customer engagement.
- Develop strong commercial propositions and campaigns and market these through the appropriate websites and other owned media and third party channels, including but not limited to email newsletters, social media, display, advertising and affiliate networks
- Total responsibility for development and maintenance of content of the Company’s brands, hotel, restaurant and supporting websites.
- Develop new websites where and when needed (i.e. promotional websites, new hotel websites and restaurant and bar websites).
- Oversee the translation process of the various websites to multiple languages.
- Prepare SOP & Marketing toolkits for offices / hotels from an E-Marketing perspective.
- Closely monitor industry and competitor initiatives and try to give the Company a competitive edge by identifying niche areas and opportunities.
- Support the wider marketing team and other areas of the business when required.
- Is responsible for database keeping
- Other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Sales and Marketing
- Has at least 3 years experience a similar position
- Degree in Management and/or tourism
- Is fluent in English
- Has knowledge of the touristic market
- Has good knowledge of the online market
- Is PC literate and has worked with PMS systems
The company provides:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Bonus schemes